- My firm has tickets to all the events at the local arena. They had six extras for an upcoming Sting concert. Shockingly, only $48.50 each. Guess who won two in the office lottery? ME!!!
- Battlestar Galactica - OMG, does Apollo have really nice arms. Thank you dear clothing designers for opting to go with those sleeveless tees. And I *adored* the final scene which, of course, involved Apollo who I think is being added to my list of TV boyfriends. The rest of the ep? So-so.
- The big winter storm finally hit us. Good news is I had plenty of food, cleaning to do, and DVDs to watch. The Las Vegas marathon has begun. I've gotten through six eps so far enough to notice some subtle and not so subtle changes that have been made. I think I may need to listen to part of the commentary for the premiere. It's pretty obvious Mary was a hooker (she had several "dates") in the pilot ep, yet, in the voiceover, Danny tells the audiance to get their minds out of the gutter, she's an 'events coordinator'. Uh-huh. I'm thinking I'm on board with what was possibly network interference there.
- Oh, I also watched Enterprise and it didn't completely suck! Hey, that counts as a positive thought...
- Saw In Good Company *finally* and it did not fail to meet my expectations. Everyone in the film was terrific (yes, Topher, you've proved it's safe to leave That 70's Show) and while the ending may have been a little too sugar coated, I thought the film did a good job of portraying the sad state of today's corporate world.
- I just saw that Johnny Carson died. :( I actually remember staying up late to watch his monologues. I doubt that there will ever be anyone else like him in the talk show realm ever again.
Now, I'm off to make stuffed pasta shells and sauce almost entirely from scratch. "Almost" because no way am I motivated enought to make my own pasta.