In one respect I am starting off the New Year much like the old, Happy Belated Birthdays to indigo419 and hockeyvaughnfan! Hope both you ladies had great days. :) And my apologies to anyone else I may have missed over the last week or so, I haven’t been online nearly as much as I usually am.
Before laying forth my resolutions for 2008 I decided to look back at my first post of 2007. Some excerpts:
I did manage to collect all the post-it's, envelopes, index cards, and pieces of paper with information I wished to retain and combine them all, neatly, in one notebook. And I began to go through all the stuff on the DVR. Yikes! Maybe I should make a resolution to not save up nearly 70 hours of TV viewing again.
Wow. This is pretty much how I spent today. Not so many scraps of paper, but I did update The Notebook and my DVR went from about 50 hours to 30.
I'm also trying not to let things pile up at work. I still have some 2006 issues to deal with, but first thing this morning I dealt with one of them.
OK, I wasn’t at work today, but I had brought home two notebooks of refernece information I have accumulated and cleaned them out. Of course, if they ever fire me it all gets shredded. ;)
Oh, and this *really* amused me:
While watching some Stargate this weekend I came across an ep I really liked as in stopped what I was doing and paid close attention - that rarely happens for me with the show. The episode was 'The Other Side' which raised some interesting philosophical questions *and* the material was handled pretty darn well….Still, after watching the first two seasons and not getting what was so interesting about the show, I'm starting to see things come together in seasons 3 and 4.
January 2, 2007 – the day the obsession began. Hee!
As for 2008, let me begin with something I saw several individuals on my FList offer to do at Christmas time:
I will donate 10 dollars to the charity of your choice for the first fifteen people to comment. The only limitation is that I need to be able to donate online (with paypal or credit card), so please leave the link to where I can do so. And if you want to talk up your charity and why it is so awesome to get other people to donate as well, go right ahead! Heck, if we've gone past ten and you think it might do some good to leave the name and links in case someone else wants to pick up on it, have at it.
This extremely generous offer had given me a bit of sticker shock during the holidays, especially as my credit card bills were rolling in. :p But, eventually, I thought, “What if it was only ten dollars a month?” So, here’s my slightly altered deal. Same rules as above accept I’m changing it to the first twelve people who comment to this post and each month I will donate $10 to the charity of your choice. First commenter gets January, second commenter gets February, and so forth. A little less generous, then again I’ve already donate $30 to the United Way. I guess it really equals out!
Other Resolutions for the New Year...
• Finding a better work/life balance. Not exactly sure how to do this yet, but I’m going to work on it.
• Bitching less and not getting mired down in things that are beyond my control.
• Writing – I think swearing I’ll do it everyday is a bit unrealistic, at least at this point, but I’m aiming for three to four times a week.
• Drawing – Completing the drawing of Jamie started getting me back into the rhythm of things, but then illness and work crap got in the way of me continuing with it. The goal is to do a drawing (completed) a month.
• Do one thing new a month. This probably will be more along the lines of trying a new food or picking up a book ;) rather than bungee jumping, but I figured it’s good to expand my horizons in some way.
• Within the next two months get caught up on posting. I still have Dragon Con panels to transcribe! I’m hoping people will still be interested.
• Eat better/exercise. I’m focusing more on the eating right now. I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning. Woo!
• Peruse danceswithwords secret project. ;)
And now I'm off to catch up on beccatoria's recent artistic endeavors. She's been a busy little bee this long weekend!