The Futon Critic has partial recap of the panel with more to come later today. Ron made at least one comment that might upset some. I'll let you find it.
The Paley folks themselves tweeted the event. So you won't have to scroll through the tweets, I copied and pasted them
• David Eick on working with actors: "Writers in the writers room are driven by, inspired by and helped by what they see onscreen."
• Ronald Moore: "Caprica is just one of 12 colonies. 12 colonies that have squabbled but trade among another."
• Grace Park: "I've had enough deaths for any actor's career."
• Tricia Helfer: "To me she hadn't ever seen a human before.", Seth Green: "You can come over, I'm right here."
• Tricia Helfer on playing 6: "I didn't really understand until I watched the finale." (Me: Via another Twitterer, this was in reference to Tricia not knowing who Head Six was until the finale.)
• Ronald Moore on 6: "The original idea was not to know if she was a chip in his head or a hallucination of his subconcious."
• Jane Espenson: "She could be hiding in the grass because it was fairly tall grass!" (Me: The “she” is Kara.)
• David Eick regarding deaths: "It was a way of abiding by the original concept while giving the audience something to feel connected to."
• Ronald Moore on his personal religious beliefs: "Anarchy, communism, anti-american basically."
• Ronald Moore, who studied government in college, on being a history buff: "I think David and I were both history fans from the get go."
• Ronald Moore on the title sequence: "I think I actually said 'there is no f-ing plan, what does this all mean?'"
• Ronald Moore on ratings for the mini series which did better the 2nd night: "The entire conversation was about what the drop off would be."
Details of the 'Battlestar' bonus material on the complete series DVD set. It sounds (and looks) like a repackaging of the DVD sets already released with a few additional featurettes. I'll pass (unless I upgrade to HD).
I enjoyed this week's episode of Castle more than last weeks. But two things irked me. One, ABC inexplicably airing the episodes out of order. Rick is describing his ex wife to Kate who Kate met last week. It makes no sense! And, two, the makeup, hair, and costume people's inability to make Stana Kanic to look good. Week in and week out she has the bizarre eye makeup and everytime they try to glam her up she ends up with fugly hair and unflattering dresses. The dress last night was pretty, but did nothing for her. I still adore the Rick/Alexis relationship. :)
Do you you love Oceans 11 and The Muppets? Than this vid is for you!